Excentium, Inc. is a veteran-owned small business that provides Cyber Security Engineering, Information Assurance (IA), Program Management, and other Information Technology (IT) services to Government and commercial organizations.
We have an opportunity for multiple Security Analysts to support one of our Federal customers in the Tampa Bay Area.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE LEVEL: NA
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
The Security Analyst plans, executes, and manages multiple projects related to risk management, mitigation and response, compliance, control assurance and user awareness. The analyst is focused on developing and driving security strategies, policies/standards, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions and providing security-focused consultative services to the organization. He or she provides expertise and assistance to ensure the program’s infrastructure and information assets are protected. The Security Analyst also selects and implements appropriate tools for necessary surveillance and monitoring of the program’s computing environment.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction and consultation on information security and compliance
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for performing vendor risk assessments to improve overall vendor risk posture
- Develops security solutions for critical and/or highly complex assignments
- Develops enterprise-wide security policies, procedures and standards across multiple platform and application environments to meet compliance responsibilities
- Performs security assessments and security attestations
- Monitors data security profiles on all platforms by reviewing security violation reports and investigating security exceptions
- Documents, updates and maintains security controls and provides direct support to the program and internal groups
- Reviews risk assessments, analyzes the effectiveness of information security control activities and reports with actionable recommendations
- Works directly with Stakeholders to facilitate information security risk analysis and risk management processes and to identify acceptable levels of residual risk
- In-depth knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms
- Expertise in the implementation of the NIST RMF
- Strong knowledge and experience with NIST 800 series Special Publications
- Strong experience designing and implementing security solutions
- Expertise in analysis of network communication protocols
- Experience with and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions
- Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet capture, log data and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology discipline
- Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a hands-on technical role such as network forensic analyst, malware analyst, incident responder or similar responsibility
- DoD 8570.1-M compliant
- Prior working experience with the VA is a plus
Excentium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.