Responsible for technical and administrative support for the development, documentation, implementation and execution of compliance review/audit processes related to City of Denton policies, federal and state regulatory requirements and policies for cyber security in a SCADA environment.
- Analyzes, designs, tests, and verifies security logs and databases
- Develops test plans for all phases of unit testing, acceptance testing and acceptance testing and implementation of projects related to cyber security
- Interfaces as required with workstation users and the User Support Specialist, Network Infrastructure Architects, Enterprise Security Operations Manager, and hardware/software vendors in the performance of cyber security duties; coordinates projects with users for deadline requirements
- Creates compliance procedures and documentation for Internal Cyber Security Standards
- Collects and provides evidence for audit and incident investigations
- Installs system/workstation upgrades and system/workstation cyber security protection measures
- Works with process control administrators
- Maintains accurate and current compliance documentation for mandated regulatory Standard(s) as directed by the Enterprise Security Operations Manager
- Provides audit responses based on direction given by Enterprise Security Operations Manager
- Ensures the accurate compilation of evidence in preparation for any audit or compliance check
- Actively monitors assigned systems, cyber security logs, requirements and/or compliance evidence, provides regular updates to the Enterprise Security Operations Manager and the SCADA/Regulatory Supervisor, and immediately notifies the Enterprise Security Operations Manager and the SCADA/Regulatory Supervisor of any issues or concerns
- Determines process changes needed to maintain compliance
- Implements established documentation standards for network connectivity and cabling schemes
- Troubleshoots connectivity and network access for Servers and PCs with aid of Data Analyzer (Sniff Probe), and other industry standard tools
- Assists with cyber security training activities as necessary
- Adds, moves, changes to network, server, workstation and/or software infrastructure
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, or a related field with five or more years’ experience in the field of cyber security and regulatory compliance
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
- Knowledge of cyber security equipment including malware detection/remediation, firewall, intrusion detection and vulnerability detection/remediation systems
- Ability to efficiently and effectively plan and implement projects within available resources
- Ability to deliver results based on the development of clear, challenging, and achievable goals.
- Maintains knowledge of current, relevant technology and innovations related to cyber security theory and best practices.
- Ability to use independent judgment to solve problems that are difficult to identify or where facts may be insufficient and misleading.
- Ability to effectively and accurately express highly technical and general topics in written, oral, and interpersonal communications to achieve understanding.
- Knowledge of information security standards and methodologies with extensive knowledge of security processes, tools and latest technologies
- Ability to use a logical, systematic, and/or sequential approach in gathering information, analyzing data, and developing viable solutions to system security problems.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and update policies and procedures relating to technology services.
- Ability to effectively maintain sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to prepare regular reports (daily, monthly, yearly) and regulatory
- Ability to proficiently use the Microsoft Office software suite with emphasis in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class “C” driver’s license within 30 days of hire per state law)
- Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
- Must be able to work overtime when requested