CS degree or equivalent with experience in threat remediation, tier III security support, and security tools.
The Palo Alto Research Center (PARC, A Xerox Company) is looking for a top-tier candidate to work as part of our Information Technology team in support of PARC’s multidisciplinary, innovative research activities. This position offers you the chance to take the lead in continuously improving PARC’s Security infrastructure, using your skills and initiative to bring in new technologies, and enabling research on them. You’ll have the chance to work with incredibly talented engineers and researchers and by supporting them, contribute to cutting-edge science, striving for large-scale breakthroughs.
- Select, implement, and maintain tools that enhance PARC’s security.
- Identify, contain, and remediate threats across multiple platforms (Windows, Unix / Linux, Apple, Android, etc.).
- Provide configuration support for Windows, Unix / Linux, Apple, Android, and other platforms enabling secure client and server operations.
- Administer software, scripts, and other workflow automation improving security administration.
- Provide tier III security support to client support, server administration, and research staffs.
- Administer policies and practices for security operations including disaster recovery, metrics gathering, system analysis, and compliance reporting.
- Annual security training for PARC employees
- A degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience with HIPAA and ITAR regulatory compliance
- Experience securing network systems, clients, servers, and services
- Experience selecting, installing, and supporting security tools; McAfee EPO, AV, Encryption, SIEM
- Operating system experience including: VMware, Windows, Linux, OS X , iOS, Android
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in project planning and management
- Experience with public key infrastructure systems and certificate authority administration
- CISSP desired
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.