Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur Connect is the platform that enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The Security Engineer Level II will operate as a key part of Concur’s Global Security Operations (SecOps) team. SecOps are responsible for maintaining the security of data and systems in Concur’s production datacenters and corporate facilities.
- Management of all technical security equipment, including IDS/IPS devices, Data Loss Prevention equipment, web content filtering equipment, SEIM.
- Responding to alerts and investigating potential security incidents.
- Operation of Forensic equipment to support internal or external legal investigations.
- Ensure that daily compliance tasks are completed in a timely fashion and tracked in the appropriate ticketing system.
- Promote security awareness throughout the organization.
- Perform access certifications and other identity and access management related tasks.
- Managing time to appropriately balance ongoing projects and operational incidents.
- Understand and review router, switch and firewall configurations.
- Innovate and help grow Concur’s bespoke security platform.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate polices.
- Carving out own responsibilities where a need is identified.
- Finding solutions, rather than problems in response to the needs of a given business unit.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- ‘Hands on’ security experience a plus, or an equal amount of desire to develop deep technical security knowledge.
- Experience in a network engineering, endpoint protection, monitoring and analytics or an information security position.
- Technical security certifications, such as the OSCP or similar.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Knowledge &* Skills:
- Understanding of security best practices, threats, mitigating techniques and the ever-evolving security landscape.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and individually.
- Experience with firewalls, IDS and IPS systems, both commercial and open-source.
- Experience with a scripting language a plus.
- Prepared to work out of hours, or be on-call, should the need arise.
- An understanding of network design principles and common enterprise technologies.
Critical Performance Competencies
- Analytical skills – identifies and defines problems; determines probable causes; suggests solutions.
- Attention to detail – follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Intelligence – acquires understanding and absorbs new information quickly.
- Planning and organizing – organizes and prioritizes work.
- Teamwork – solicits ideas and opinions of other team members.
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team.
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.