E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
This position will report to the Forensics department manager and will be responsible for front line response to security event escalations and assisting senior staff in security related activities including evidence handling, incident response and investigations support.
- Use search tools to retrieve evidence from firewall and other log repositories, email repositories, and other sources of evidence.
- Assist with the retrieval and assembly of technical evidence from various tools.
- Assist with the storage and handling of physical evidence using proper evidence handling techniques.
- Assist with collection of technical evidence from computers using proper evidence handling techniques.
- Assists with collection and review of intelligence feeds and open source intelligence.
- Minimum four-year Computer Science degree, Business degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. CISSP, CISCO, Linux and Windows certifications preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform Logical problem solving.
- Possess basic understanding of enterprise grade technologies including operating systems, databases and web applications.
- Ability to read and understand basic system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs.
- Demonstrate understanding for basic network traffic concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP).
- Network infrastructure knowledge (e.g. router, switch, firewall).
- Security best practices configuration knowledge.
- Experience of working in high performing teams and understand the dynamics of teamwork in an operational environment.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.