At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an IT Security Manager Senior within PNC’s Cyber Security organization, you are able to be located within PNC footprint.
You will be responsible for managing the Security Architecture Team.
OH – Columbus
PA371 – USX Tower/Steel Building
- Manages multiple teams focused on maintaining confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and networks.
- Responsible for management and oversight of applicable security technology products for network, systems and data.
- Develops, implements and enhances policies and procedures to improve the operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Provides technical and professional advice or knowledge regarding various administrative areas of responsibility.
- Oversees and manages administrative staff. Provides professional and personal growth and development to individuals as appropriate.
Builds Winning Teams – Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change – Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results – Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose – Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others’ contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk – Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Problem Solving – Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
IT ENVIRONMENT – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization’s IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Contingency and Disaster Recovery – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, practices, tools and techniques for contingency and disaster recovery operations, and the ability to develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans.
Information Security Technologies – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT – Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100313 IT Security Mgr Sr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law