Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees — including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
As a Security Operations Analyst reporting to the Enterprise Security Operations Manager you will be responsible for operating and maintaining the security infrastructure for a private and secure network designed specifically for the enterprise that transports large amounts of information. It contains more than 15,000 fiber route miles with 100 gigabits of capacity on each route, and more than 30 points of presence across the U.S. Massive amounts of data—including voice and video—traverse the network quickly and simultaneously. The network offers “Five 9s” availability—meaning our network will be available 99.999% of the time; this exceeds the three-to-four 9s availability that most traditional telecom carriers offer.
- Support the Enterprise Security team in executing day-to-day security tasks for operating and maintaining the network.
- Liaison between the Network Operations Center (NOC) and the Enterprise Security teams to keep each organization abreast of ongoing activities, issues and developments.
- Assist Enterprise Security engineers in the development and implementation of technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Conduct routine optimization of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), other security tools, and applications deployed within the network.
- Prepare security activity reports to management and customers as required.
- Provide oversight on security incidents and reporting requirements performed by NOC staff, escalating as necessary to ensure procedures are followed and requirements are met.
- Prepare and provide regular security training to NOC staff to maintain proficiencies on security requirements, policies and procedures.
- Provide On-Call security support on weekends and after hours, including holidays, to the NOC staff.
- High School diploma with 8 years of experience in a network security related field, or Associates Degree with 4 years of experience in a network security field.
- Must be able to obtain/hold a position of Public Trust OMB clearance.
- Must be willing to perform on-call activities on a rotating basis.
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Industry Certifications such as the CompTIA Security +, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, and/or IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3
- Excellent analytical skills and a tenacious problem solver.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully work across multiple levels of Harris Corporation.
- Self-starter, identifying opportunities for continual service improvement, capable of identifying and implementing rapid solutions to real-time issues.
- Self-motivated and be able to handle multiple tasks and project simultaneously.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.