Security Operations Analysts are an integral part of the success to the security of CSI. This position will work within CSI’s Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system, evaluating any anomalies or events and responding in accordance with CSI’s policies and procedures. The role is a hands-on technical role that comes with many benefits such as working with an innovative team, cutting-edge security monitoring software, integrating the latest technologies and working in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Perform system and network analysis of suspected or potential security incidents for Computer Services Inc.
- Monitor and analyze network packets and security event logs
- Conduct all-source analysis, digital forensics, and targeting to identify, monitor, assess, and counter the threat posed by cyber actors.
- Perform system/network defense incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability; and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Participate with the information security community in order to alert the operations staff of developing threats, zero-day attacks, and malware.
- Escalate cases to appropriate staff as necessary to ensure cases are resolved in a timely fashion.
- High level of commitment, energy and creativity with the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with a STRONG desire to learn.
- Strong analytical skills, including structure problem solving and instinctive thinking.
- Experience reviewing raw packet files, and data correlation of firewall, intrusion prevention, and system logs.
- Operational knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Operational knowledge of web/email applications and their potential vulnerabilities
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting in a heterogeneous operating environment.
- 1-3 years of network security analysis experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers.
- Team player required. Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive team experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
Nice To Haves
- Current industry certifications such as CCNA + Security, Security+, CISSP
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Experience with RSA Netwitness SIEM system
CSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other legally protected basis.
- College Degree in associated field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications)
- 3-5 years:Network, system, or application engineering experience.