The time to join Best Buy is NOW! Thanks to our “Renew Blue” initiative, Best Buy has made incredible progress in the last 4 years, and we’re just warming up! Best Buy 2020 – Building the New Blue is in full swing, and we want you to be a part of it! Best Buy is the world’s largest consumer electronics retailer, offering advice, service and convenience – at competitive prices – to the consumers who visit its websites and stores more than 1.5 billion times each year. Our Information Security team is comprised of some of the top minds in the industry, coupled with an array of the best tools available. At Best Buy, you will gain incredible industry experience, and have ample room for career growth.
- Assisting with configuring and maintaining monitoring, correlation, and alerting solutions to ensure that relevant security issues are identified, alerted on, and responded to
- Correlating events that are reported from multiple systems to identify potential security incidents and initiating the incident response process to ensure security incidents are properly addressed
- Validating that required log sources are reporting to the SIEM and working with internal teams to resolve issues when systems aren’t reporting properly
- Contributing to the configuration and maintenance of security operations controls such as antivirus, application white listing, Host Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS), Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Be a part of the team that is critical to the security of the company’s architecture
- Make decisions that will affect the outcome of issues with company security
- Information security is one of the largest growing which is in high demand
- Be a part of a team that is fast paced and learn something new every day
- 2 years of experience working with Windows platforms and Linux platforms, or a combination of the two equaling 2 years.
- Implementation of enterprise security software solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationship
- One or more of the following industry certifications: Security+, Network+
How we take care of our employees!
In addition to offering a challenging and fulfilling opportunity, we have a competitive salary and bonus program, full benefits including 23 days of PTO (that is 4 weeks!), and a generous employee discount. Our campus has many amazing amenities, including: full cafeteria, fitness center, onsite discounted daycare, not 1 but 2 Caribou’s, US Bank, dry-cleaning service, company store, Farmers Market ONSITE every week, and free covered parking (you won’t have to brush snow off of your car in the winter!