The Security Operations Specialist is a key member of the Information Security and Privacy team and works to ensure some of our key technologies related to certificates and digital signature, reverse proxy for web applications and user behavior analytics (UBA) are maintained and updated as appropriate. The candidate will assist with identifying and driving necessary configuration changes and enhancements. The role will work collaboratively with the Security Engineering teams to ensure these solutions are up to date and optimized.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure the UBA solution is running as expected
· Perform regular maintenance and upgrades following change management procedures
· Integrating new event sources for analysis
· Working with the SIEM team to obtain required data feeds
· Ensure reverse proxies are up to date on patches
· Work with application teams to on-board new applications that should be available externally
· Follow change management procedures and create solution related documentation as required.
· Support the operations, maintenance and rollout of Gilead’s SaaS solution for digitally signing documents.
· Perform regular maintenance and upgrades following GxP validated change management procedures
· On board new users following a process that may involve verification of identity of the user.
REQUIRED SKILLS & JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 4-6 years of progressively responsible IT experience with at least 2 years of security/infrastructure protection
· Familiar with general change management procedures and systems.
· Familiarity with working with GxP systems (e.g. FDA 21 CFR Part 11 validated or qualified systems) and the associate change
controls especially helpful.
controls especially helpful.
· Experience performing security operations tasks and working with Engineering teams to implement necessary changed
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
· Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and management.
· Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
· Familiar with SIEM solutions like Splunk, ArcSight, LogRhythm, QRadar
· Familiar with UBA solutions like Exabeam, Securonix, Caspida
· Familiar with common web server / reverse proxy servers like IIS, Apache, etc.
· Prior working experience in a pharmaceutical company is preferred.
· Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
· Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive – requires little supervisory attention.
· Excellent presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills.
· Able to perform other duties as assigned.
· Ability to document technical changes (i.e. change control documents).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
· Bachelor of Science degree in management information systems, computer science, engineering or other IT-related major is
· Prefer CISSP, GIAC, etc.