LOCATION: EL SEGUNDO, CA, US, 90245
Requisition ID: 23001
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Cloud Architect in the Computer Systems Research Department. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
- Interface with customers and act as the technical authority on the current state of cloud computing technology.
- Lead cloud based R&D and determine which technologies can be leveraged for Air Force customers
- Guide and mentor more junior staff in the development of private cloud infrastructure and public/private cloud applications
- Develop SW for various high performance platforms
- Measure and test performance of algorithms running on various platforms
- Support multiple space systems customers
- Design new algorithms and develop software to demonstrate their effectiveness to solve critical customer problems
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Twelve years of related experience.
- Experience running applications on commercial cloud environments
- Experience with Virtualization and Containers
- Proficiency in multiple software languages
- Experience with networking
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Ability to design and implement algorithms
- Fundamental understanding of algorithm complexity
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with OpenStack and private clouds
- Experience with GPUs and/or FPGAs
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with data analytics
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.