Boecore is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of Cyber Integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) activities for the SBIRS and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Individual will support Cyber Security activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and support the management of risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders. Individual will identify disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc.), develop action plans for resolution, and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Major duties of the position include:
- Provides oversight of the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of customer ground architecture, system, and system of systems
- Ensures that the architecture and design of the customer’s systems will be functional and secure with the ability to detect and respond to Cyber events.
- Be responsible for oversight of system or network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements
- Provide security engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable Defensive Cyber Operations on an active Space Mission System.
- Defines system security requirements, assesses system security architecture designs, and supports the development and sustainment of an Enterprise level Risk Management Framework (RMF) that enables the Program Manager to address Cyber Risk and the ability to continue to operate through cyber activities.
- Develops Computer Network Defense and incident Response Tactics and Techniques for Space Mission System
- Ensures the functionality and security of the customer system’s architecture and design
- Provides oversight of system or network designs that encompass multiple computer and network to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements
- Provides security architecture engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, or Information Security, Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field.
- 14 years of strong demonstrated information assurance/Cyber experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program.
- Minimum 10 years Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) experience.
- Motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems, Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Must be able to obtain an Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level III or equivalent DoD 8570.01m.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical Level III Certification.
- Must have experience with DIACAP (DoD Information Assurance and Certification and Accreditation Process), DoD 8510 Risk Management Framework, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST 800-53 security requirements.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system accreditations for Air Force Space Command, Air Force and Department of Defense systems and networks
- Hands-on experience architecting Network level system monitoring capabilities and SEIM tools. .
- Knowledge of Space and Ground Command and Control mission capabilities and the ability to assess Mission Critical functions and develop Cyber defensive tactics and procedures to respond to Cyber events.
- Ability to translate DIACAP/RMF guidance to assess Certification and Accreditation required artifacts and other related security documentation against DoDM 8500.2 and 5200.28 security requirements.
- Must communicate effectively and work closely with process, project and system owners, information technology management, peers, and technical staff to ensure the relevance of system designs to meet program security requirements
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
- Experience with DoDD O-8530.1, Computer Network Defense and CJCSM 6510.01B, Cyber Incident Handling Tactics and Technique.
- Experience with implementing Continuous Monitoring and deployment of LogRhythm / ArcSight rule sets and alerts.
- UNIX, Windows, Oracle DB, CISCO router, CISCO, Sidewinder or Juniper Firewall security configuration experience highly desirable; hands on DISA, or NSA Security configuration validation and verification of systems against their documented security requirements a must.
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering and Integration in fielding secure ground processing systems
- Demonstrated system performance analysis resulting in identification of system security requirements with hands-on experience in the development and design of systems that complied with those requirements.
Boecore is a woman-owned small business focused on providing Government and Commercial clients with high quality Engineering and Information Technology solutions at both a local and national level. Boecore is a proven leader in Enterprise Networks, Cyber Solutions, Advanced Software Engineering and Space Mission Engineering. We offer a team-based environment where each individual can contribute to our success and rapid growth. Boecore employees are self-motivated individuals who are recognized and rewarded for their efforts. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, tuition and training reimbursement, and a rewarding work environment with a proven record of success for over 15 years. Boecore is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, age 40 and over, military or veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.