Location: Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Requisition #: 200251
The Senior Network
Firewall Security Engineer’s responsibilities include leading network security system deployments, configuration, designs and supporting
daily operations. This position will have a primary role in supporting the enterprise firewall infrastructure and intrusion detection
system. The Senior Network Security Engineer provides support to planning, designing, implementing and maintaining security controls which
safeguard enterprise applications and data at Creighton University.
- Bachelor’s degree
from an accredited college or university.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with firewall administration, IPS, IDS, URL Filtering,
network security, remote access, site-to-site VPN, IPSEC & SSL VPN, remote authentication software, external DNS and internet
- Experience working with Software Defined Networks.
- At Least 5 years of experience with network firewall
- Advanced experience with SPLUNK.
- Advanced experience with Cisco, Palo Alto and F5 suite of products is
- Knowledge of electronic data transmission principles, LAN networks, routing fundamentals, business applications, DMZ
design and troubleshooting techniques is essential
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed,
calculated risk decisions.
- Demonstrated experience managing Network Service Providers (vendors) and associated service level
- Respect for confidential and security information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Recommends, deploys and operates network security tools
Seeing: 75 -
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 15 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment
environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs
and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required.
Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and
to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working
hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006
Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.