Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Lead teams through project initiation to include project plan, project charter, and stakeholder analysis.
- Develop project communication plan and coordinate communications of project work effort to all levels of project stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Take active participation in key Project Management Office (PMO) functions, such as: Project in-take process, prioritization, status updates to management, establish standards and best practices for project implementation.
- Create presentations with key project metrics; provide status updates on all active project efforts to leadership and other project teams.
- Perform project risk management and create risk response strategies and options including escalation, mitigation, and resource fortification.
- Perform business process discovery, modeling, analysis and design, and business process optimization to improve the organizations workflow to be more efficient and effective.
- Document all plans, processes, procedures, tasks, risks, issues, and lessons learned during the project for standardization and knowledge transfer.
- Perform in the role of a Program Manager. Monitor all phases of project work for quality and accuracy and compare against scope and schedule baselines making adjustments as necessary.
- Coach, mentor, and cultivate the people skills of project team members to develop trust and enrich their skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with ten (10+) years of experience leading projects or the equivalent experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Successfully managed multiple complex projects from initiation to closing.
- Astutely aware of both big picture and small but critical path tasks and know when to focus on each.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Experience with using and improving key IT processes such as Change Management and Incident Management.
- Ability to create Statement of Works (SOWs), negotiate contracts, evaluate vendor and contractor resources, and communicate difficult messages with tact.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong problem-solving and risk management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong listening and writing skills, good executive presence, verbally articulate, has experience tailoring one’s message to the audience.
- Values communication in all directions: up, out, and down.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent Business Process Management skills. Issue isolation and option generation.
- Conflict resolution skills facilitating timely decisions when needed, and promoting collaborative working environment.
- Must be able to manage one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Must have strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of basic IT concepts and current IT trends.
- Good presentation skills.
- High level of professionalism and ability to adapt and thrive in challenging and dynamic environments.
- Ability to be successful when faced with incomplete information.
- Ability to manage stakeholders to include other project managers, developers, subject-matter experts and analysts.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Experience with mentoring other junior project managers.
- Experience with helping organizations set up standards and best practices for project management methodologies.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, and major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: No
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, age, or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.