- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Senior Security Analyst to provide security monitoring and incident response services required by the business, in alignment with Cyber Security’s mission to protect Rio Tinto’s Digital Assets (including Industrial Control Systems) to a level of confidentiality, integrity and availability commensurate with the threat to those assets and their value to Rio Tinto.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a successful individual to contribute to a wide range of Security Monitoring and Incident Response activities in a rewarding environment. Reporting to the Manager Security Monitoring and Response, you will be:
- Monitoring the environment and leading investigations regarding cyber security breaches across the group including cloud and industrial control environments
- Providing a coordinated response to complex cyber-attacks that pose a threat to the company’s assets, intellectual property, computer and industrial control systems
- Leveraging threat, business and open-source intelligence sources to guide detection and response activities
- Contributing to the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support our cyber security program
- Developing or contributing to the development of bespoke tools to facilitate detection and response activities
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in information security with specific experience areas like penetration testing, intrusion detection, security monitoring and incident response is required
- Experience or interest in the fields of malware analysis, threat intelligence or software development
- Experience coordinating complex response activities with IT services departments
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Certifications like GCIA, GCIH and CISSP (or equivalent) desirable
- Experience in leading professional and practitioner in the cyber security field, with deep knowledge and experience in a breadth of cyber security topics
- Experience in mobile device, network or memory forensics is desirable
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.