Position Purpose: The Senior IT Security Analyst analyzes and assesses vulnerabilities in the infrastructure (software, hardware, networks), investigates available tools and countermeasures to remedy the detected vulnerabilities, and recommends solutions and best practices. This position is responsible for analyzing and assessing damage to the data/infrastructure as a result of security incidents, examines available recovery tools and processes, and recommends solutions. The Senior IT Security Analyst will also test for compliance with security policies and procedures, as well as assist in the creation, implementation, and/or management of security solutions as needed. This position is part of a 24×7 on-call rotation for Incident Response.
- Performs log analysis and define security filters and rules for implementation within the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Gathers and distributes technical information pertaining to new security threats and vulnerability trends
- Confirms that all monitoring and activity reports scheduled to run, have successfully completed
- Executes daily operational checklists and tasks such as:
o Log analysis and review
o Vulnerability management activities
o Management reporting
o Alert analysis
o Adding, modify and deleting filters
o Verifying that escalation follow-up activities have been accomplished
o Investigating suspicious security event activity
o Maintaining and enforcing adherence to standards, policies and procedures
- Verifies correct security feed settings
- Understands the latest security information in order to validate the security analysis and identification capabilities of the monitoring technologies
- Understands security device outputs and functions; primarily firewall, IDS/IPS, router, switch, etc. for device vulnerabilities or security issues
- Researches and understands the currently published vulnerabilities of enterprise hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Acts a lead for Information Security assessments and recommends appropriate and cost effective controls to address identified security-related risks
- Serves as a lead in the development and implementation of application and infrastructure security programs
- Serves as a lead in the development and implementation of user account security
- Guides and mentors junior members of the team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or other related field preferred. Minimum five years Information Technology and/or network experience. Minimum three years Information Security related experience. Minimum one year supervisory or team lead experience.
License/Certification: An industry recognized information security certification, such as a CISSP (or Associate), SSCP, CEH, or equivalent. At least one technical certification related to a major platform (IBM, Microsoft or Cisco)
Government Security/Clearance/Citizenship Requirements: National Agency Check (NAC) background clearance required.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
: Information Technology
: USA-California-Rancho Cordova
: G&A-IT-Info Security & Serv Mgmt