As a trusted advisor and leader in cybersecurity, Coalfire has more than 15 years in IT security services. We empower organizations to reduce risk and simplify compliance, while minimizing business disruptions. Our professionals are renowned for their technical expertise and unbiased assessments and advice. We recommend solutions to meet each client’s specific challenges and build long-term strategies that can help them identify, prevent, respond, and recover from security breaches and data theft. We’re on the cutting edge of one of the world’s most important industries, and we protect our clients from ever-evolving security threats through our innovative advisory, auditing, and ethical hacking solutions. We’re growing rapidly and are currently seeking a Senior Security Consultant to join our SOC practice.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Consultant on our SOC team, you’ll help to enhance our clients’ security posture. You’ll work with a wide range of clients, from Silicon Valley startups to Fortune 10 corporations, to ensure that business and customer data is properly protected. You’ll evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle and will help identify performance improvement opportunities. As a senior member of the team, you’ll also oversee and review the work of associates and consultants.
What you’ll bring:
- Four or more (4+) years of experience as a consultant at a national public accounting or consulting firm
- Experience effectively planning and executing SOC 1 and 2 engagements, with an emphasis on SOC 2
- The ability to evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle
- Demonstrated managerial skills and the ability to structure and lead projects successfully
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate succinctly and instill confidence with internal stakeholders and external customers
- At least one information security certification, such as CISSP, CISA, or CIA (or are in the process of obtaining one of these certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in CIS, MIS, IT, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Able to travel up to 33%
- Experience in virtualized cloud computing environments
Why you’ll want to join us:
Our people make Coalfire great. We work together on interesting things and achieve exceptional results. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and are committed to client-focused innovation as well as innovation in the industries that we serve. Coalfire offers our people the chance to grow professionally with colleagues they like and respect while tackling challenges that stretch their minds and expand their skill sets. We’re connected by our desire to innovate and our goal of helping to make the world a more secure place.
Coalfire’s high energy, challenging, and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at Coalfire – we work hard and we play hard, and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities. Plus, we offer great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is proud to be an EEOE, M/F/D/V, and we are committed to diversity both in practice and spirit at the corporate level.