|Innovating for Wireless
The wireless industry moves fast, is ever changing, and is growing exponentially. Day and night, Brightstar anticipates trends and identifies issues – and proactively turns them into leading-edge business solutions and surprising growth opportunities for our customers to eclipse their competition.
Through Brightstar’s services and solutions, we touch almost every aspect of a wireless device somewhere in its lifecycle. We distribute product and manage inventory. We help businesses promote and sell product, both in-store and online. We recycle product and help resell it. And that’s not all: we meet consumers’ growing needs for device protection, replacement, trade-in and financing.
|Senior Systems Engineer|
|United States of America|
|Basic Responsibility: Responsible for the design, implementation, optimization, availability, and capacity planning of Brightstar US physical and virtual datacenter infrastructure. Applies expert knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for Brightstar US software development and production operations. Performs systems analysis, requirements analysis and traceability, design verification, integration, testing and validation. Troubleshoots infrastructure problems, supports application issue resolution, and coordinates implementations and changes with Brightstar staff and vendor personnel. Contributes to Brightstar US infrastructure technology strategy, and participates in product evaluation and selection.
• Proven experience implementing, automating, and scaling delivery of software as a service (SaaS).
• Strong technical knowledge in the area of server technology, server virtualization, performance and scalability, clustering and load balancing, network protocols, and storage technology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
• Fearlessly self-motivated to learn new things quickly and communicate the value of new technologies to technical and non-technical audiences. Able to stay current with leading infrastructure and application development trends.
• Action oriented and able to work alone with little or no direct management. Willing to invent creative solutions to solve complex and poorly defined problems and issues.
• Able to perform the role of project manager for infrastructure projects, and on projects requiring significant infrastructure involvement.
• Able to research technology solutions and provide recommendations to leadership.
• Able to multitask, report progress, and meet assigned deadlines.
• Able to exercise good judgment troubleshooting infrastructure problems.
• Experience implementing and following change management processes.
• Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven experience in enterprises that follow ITIL methodology (incident, change, problem and capacity management) and standard Project Management methodology (PMI Institute).
• Experience managing the productivity of 3rd party resources.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Expert knowledge of VMware ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, and best practices in an enterprise environment.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Active Directory, group policy, security features, and best practices in an enterprise environment.
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, with working knowledge of firewalls, DMZ, and load balancer best practices.
• Expert knowledge of scripting to automate manual tasks (e.g. Windows PowerShell, Perl).
• Experience working in multi-tier domain environments utilizing virtualization, clustered servers, SAN/NAS, etc.
|Imagine working with the largest and most-loved brands in wireless. Exciting? Yes. But even more, you’ll be helping people across the globe gain more access to more mobile device technology–with a better user experience, and getting the most value out of their devices…for life.
Are you one of us?
Impressed by the power of mobile connectivity and energized by the shocking pace of its evolution, we’re the innovators helping define and drive an entire industry of dynamic mobile-related services. We’re inspired by technology, motivated to serve, and growing fast with tremendous opportunity.
Bring us your best
And because mobile never stops… neither do we. No matter what your job may be at Brightstar, we’ll be counting on you – starting Day One – to push the envelope with your creative thinking, quick execution, and a driving desire to serve our customers along with dedicated co-workers. Bring us your best, and together we’ll make the world more mobile!
|IT System Administration|