Dallas Client seeks a Senior Telecom EngineerÂ
Able to lead, coordinate and support efforts to optimize performance in a multiple platform architectural environment. Has working knowledge of telecommunications networks, including SIP, VOIP, network connectivity, and call handling. Has experience with TDM and IP PBX systems, ACD, reporting, and other telecommunications adjuncts including call recording, IVR, call accounting, and call routing.Â Has experience designing, implementing, and supporting Avaya Best Services Routing and Avaya Skills Based ACD Routing, including knowledge of high design best practices, and interoperability with other telecommunications systems and adjuncts.Â Excellent customer service and communication skills with internal and external customers required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
?Create detailed design and deployment documentation from technical architecture designs for communications systems, networks, hardware, software, transmission and signaling systems
?Complete assigned complex and/or long-term engineering projects within budget and schedule guidelines
?Assists in evaluation of new products
?Perform problem resolution and assist in the development and documentation of department processes, technical standards, and interface applications
?Monitor protocol compatibility and perform systems tuning and make recommendations for improvements
?Assist in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for moderately complex systems, as well as, in planning, architecture design, and engineering
?Coordinates, executes, assesses, and supports programs and applications
?Understand the technical and business aspects of creating and/or modifying an effective strategic technology plan
?Initiates change/improvement to the architecture as the business or technical requirements change
?Advises senior management on issues as they pertain to larger organizational issues/business initiatives
?Demonstrates broad experience and knowledge in application architecture for complex, cross-functional applications
?Performs other duties as assigned Â Qualifications
?Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
?5 – 7 yrs, Avaya Contact Center experience a must
?Demonstrates advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in ACD, VoIP, SIP, and telecommunications platforms, and has extensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other functions
?Demonstrates advanced business knowledge and analyses the impact of emerging industry technology trends
?Able to contribute to the strategic direction of the function
?Understands the technical and business aspects of creating and/or modifying an effective strategic technology plan
- Client will not accept subcontractors
- Client requires Green Card or U.S. Citizenship for this position.
- SIP Protocol
- VoIP (Voice over IP)
Medical and Dental Insurance ? Goal is to provide employees with comprehensive
- high-quality medical and dental care at an affordable cost for you and your family. Offer employees the option of a PPO or Health Spending Account (HSA). Eligible employees are able to participate in the medical and dental plans after 30 days of employment.
Employee Access ?One stop shop for all of our benefits needs. Employee Access provides general enrollment information and assistance as well as benefits plan information.
Health Advocate– Helps employees and their families find solutions to problems routinely encountered when accessing healthcare services. They can help resolve claims questions
- identify and arrange appointments with specialists and more.
Life Insurance ? Protecting you and your family from the unexpected is an important part of the benefits program.Â Provided are basic life
- accidental death and dismemberment (ADD)
- and business travel accident (BTA) coverage at no cost to you.Â Combined
- these plans provide valuable financial protection in the event of death or a serious accidental injury.
Disability Insurance ? A disabling illness or injury can be financially devastating.Â That?s why our client offers you the opportunity to purchase long-term disability (LTD) coverage for yourself at favorable group rates.Â LTD coverage replaces part of your income in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to an illness or injury.
Paid Vacation ? Provides a holiday schedule that gives you ample time off to recharge and a generous vacation accrual schedule.
Tuition Reimbursement ? Ongoing team member education is essential ? both to the success of the team member and our business.Â Offers financial assistance up to $7
- 500 to eligible team members who successfully complete college
- and other approved courses. Eligible employees are eligible to participate after 6 months of employment.
Computer Purchase Program – To help you purchase a computer
- the company offers interest-free loans of up to $2
- 500 ($3
- 500 in Canada) (after you make an initial payment of at least 10 percent). You purchase your computer through a company-approved vendor
- and then repay your loan balance through convenient payroll deductions over a period of up to 18 months.
Financial Plans ? No matter how far away your retirement might be
- the time to begin thinking about your long-term financial goals is today.Â Our Client offers several programs that can help employees start building for financial security.Â These programs include a 401(k) plan in the US and a pension plan in Canada and we encourage our team members to become a part of the IBM Southeast Credit Union.
Training Program ? Offers a first class
- end-to-end training program for its new team members.Â Also provide a training wage for the first four months that you are with our company.
Car Allowance ? Provides a car allowance for team members that must travel to reach our clients.
Commitment to Diversity and the Community ? Diversity is one of the core values and is an essential part of our business model.Â Believes in giving back to our community by providing programs such as the adoption assistance program for team members and the AWARE program that provides complimentary security systems to victims of domestic violence.
**While the IFS project is going on in Irving
- TX only they will provide Breakfast and Lunch on a daily basis excluding Holidays.
Whatever your career destination, we’re how you get there. For more than 27 years, MATRIX has placed talented contract and permanent IT professionals like yourself at thousands of top-notch organizations throughout the U.S., ranging from Fortune 50 to small IT shops across all industries.
MATRIX surrounds you with personal services from assistance with your resume and interviewing skills, to background information on the companies you will interview with, and more.
Once you are onboard as a MATRIX consultant, we offer outstanding benefits, a 401(k) program (or plan), discounted training, and other valuable incentives.
Apply today at MATRIX.
Please Note: Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.