- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Information security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position
as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and/or the bottom line, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate for this Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst position will be an experienced professional who will be responsible for producing authoritative intelligence assessments that define cyber threats to networked global information networks including mobile platforms. This team is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of actionable intelligence for the Cybersecurity organization as well as Visa’s global business and marketing units. The Threat Intelligence team also develops emerging cyber threat models and proactive threat mitigation programs and strategies, with a focus on intelligence operationalization.
The candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks (especially
targeting financial sector resources), hacking techniques and associated defensive techniques.
- Compare network events with intelligence research to determine adversary motive,
capability and intent and the impact of the threat on payment card supply chain
network architecture and system operations.
- Be Informed and can provide subject matter expertise regarding recent hacks /
exploits – especially against web applications, databases and common desktop
- Effectively communicate complex technical or intelligence related information to both technical
and non-technical audiences
- Have the ability to effectively identify, evaluate and communicate new and ongoing cyber
security threats to senior management through regular, and ad hoc reporting as
well as the ability to research complex cyber threat issues and produce
- Be familiar with a multitude of security threat monitoring tools that identifies
data breaches and network compromises using externally generated threat intelligence
feeds together with internal data sources (SIEM, netflow, malware analysis, etc.) identify compromised systems within a network.
- Maintain, develop, and continually evaluate cyber intelligence sources (technical & non-technical) to increase effectiveness and timeliness of reporting threat information.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with members of the Intelligence Community,
Law Enforcement and payment card supply chain subject matter experts.
- Assist the various Information Security teams such as the Investigations and Forensics
team with quality research and assistance in solving complex cases. Assist the Cyber teams by Identifying, recording and managing host- and network-based indicators of compromise (IOCs)
Possess moderate to strong technical security skills with hands-on experience
Interact and assist other investigative teams within Visa (e.g. risk) on time sensitive, critical investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Intelligence, Communications (or
related fields) or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the Information Security industry, preferably with a
concentrated focus on Threat and Risk Analysis or Security Monitoring
using SIEM, IDS/IPS, Malware Analysis tools, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills
and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively. Strong web
development/design skills a plus
- Possess strong analytical reasoning skills with the ability to recognize and evaluate facts, objectively analyze situations, synthesize and organize data/information from multiple sources
- Able to draft, interpret and communicate policies, procedures, technical requirements and
corporate communications for internal and external clients
- Must be both a self-starter and team player with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be extremely flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX platforms, with administrative experience preferred
- Moderate to strong scripting/programming skills and familiarity with ethical hacking beneficial
- Security-related certifications a plus
- Technical-related certifications a plus
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus, especially Mandarin Chinese, Russian or Arabic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.