Provide hardware and application support of voice systems in integrated VoIP Infrastructure. Knowledge of Vocera a plus.
UVA Medical Center is seeking a Senior VOIP Engineer to join our team full-time. The VOIP Engineer will provide hardware/software support of computing systems in the following areas: application development/maintenance operating systems, computer operations, telecommunications, field engineering and/or systems control. The incumbent will also design/install/modify/monitor basic, routine, and advanced computer systems and programs. Design new basic routine and advanced computer system and/or programs. The preferred candidate will provide hardware and application support of voice systems in integrated VoIP Infrastructure and will have knowledge of Vocera.
Responsible for the following:
- Display great competency in the implementation and troubleshooting of Call Flows and Queue Designs using Interactive/CIC Attendant.
- Makes use of the Dev environment by limiting the changes and new development work in the Production environment.
- Displays the ability to independently consult with user groups and determine the best course of action for their needs.
- Delivers pre-development documentation and planning prior to the start of the development cycle.
- Displays great competency in utilization and understanding of system reports regarding overall call volume and system health.
- Displays great competency in management and understanding of system reports regarding overall server health.
- Displays great competency in management and understanding of reports related to the contact center.
- Displays the ability to perform basic configuration of BIS – including the addition of new handsets replacement of existing handsets and the re-naming of users.
- Participates in after-hours on-call as needed.
- Comfortable working with users in a training/mentoring environment as required.
- Ability to lead and mentor Engineers and Associates as they develop their knowledge and skills.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Position Compensation Range: $70,512.00 – $112,798.40 Annual
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.