TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The role of the Software Assurance (SwA) Technical Lead is to serve as subject matter expert leading a team of software assurance engineers conducting software vulnerability and risk assessments in support of DoD programs. The candidate shall have experience conducting software assurance research in the areas of static source code analysis, binary analysis, and mobile application analysis. The candidate shall have experience developing and implementing enterprise-wide software assurance policies and guidelines for DoD Programs.
This position requires full U.S. Citizenship and an active/recent US Government clearance. You will work out of Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL, and occasionally travel around to our other various work sites in the area.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate should have enhanced knowledge and/or experience in Software Acquisition, Systems and Software Engineering, Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Software Independent Verification & Validation (SIV&V), Cybersecurity / Program Protection, and Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) principles. Additionally, the candidate should have significant experience and working knowledge of software code reviews, software code analysis and vulnerability testing. The candidate will need to be able to interface with engineering personnel on technical matters related to SwA as well as effectively communicate with senior leadership personnel. The candidate will be responsible for developing SwA policy, standards and metrics that will guide future BMDS software development efforts to integrate secure software development concepts into multiple BMDS functional areas. The candidate will represent MDA while interfacing with the broader DoD SwA community.
- Provide oversight, coordination and monitoring of SwA implementation within BMDS elements through oversight of Program Protection efforts in SwA
- Develop SwA policy, standards and metrics that will guide future BMDS software development efforts to integrate secure software development concepts into multiple BMDS functional areas
- Oversee SwA software code analysis of BMDS Operational Capacity Baseline (OCB) builds at Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) Service Providers
- Develop and provide briefings and status updates to MDA DEC Chief Engineer (SES level) and MDA leadership
- Coordinate joint forums for development of SwA metrics for the JFAC pilot and to determine current PPP metrics for Software Assurance with Software Engineering Institute (SEI) and AMRDEC Software Engineering Directorate (SED)
- Provide enhanced knowledge and/or experience in:
- Software Acquisition,
- Systems and Software Engineering,
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and Code Reviews
- Software Independent Verification & Validation (SIV&V), and
- Cybersecurity / Program Protection Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) principles including Software Code Analysis and Vulnerability testing
- Interface with engineering personnel on technical matters related to SwA
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Excellent customer service skills and strong ability to manage business relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and written communications
- High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- 5+ years of experience as an IT Security professional
- Strong knowledge of DoD IT policies and procedures
- Active Current (or very recent) DoD Clearance
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.