Software Engineer, EdgeControl Portal
Posted Date: 3/20/2012
Cost Center: 265
About the Job
We are seeking a top-notch Applications Software Engineer who can understand unique problems and create innovative solutions. The person in this role will be working on our customer portal, EdgeControl. This system is the primary method for our customers to control and view our massive global network, so the functionality in EdgeControl is vitally important to our business. EdgeControl is a fully built multi-tier web application environment, primarily developed using the Java Enterprise Edition.
About the Team
This position is in the Engineering department of the Akamai Enterprise Cloud Division. This division is responsible for the products and services that enable enterprises to leverage the Internet and public Cloud Computing services for their business applications.
The Enterprise Cloud Portal Engineering team is responsible for creating applications to control, configure and analyze the products developed within the division. These Web UI and Service applications are vitally important to our business and are used by Customers, Partners and Akamai Employees.
The Akamai EdgeControl Portal is a complex platform that includes a front end of traditional Web User Interfaces Web Services and a intricate backend that integrates with other systems data stores.
This software engineer will work on applications from conception through release and to ensure that Akamai customers have the best possible experience using the EdgeControl Portal. In this role, you will participate in the design, development, testing and deployment of management, reporting and alerting applications. You will also be part of a team that innovates new products using agile methods. You will work with the development QA and system QA teams to create regression tests and you will work with our technical writers to ensure that we provide sufficient help documentation and use consistent terminology to create an excellent user experience.
– 3+ years of Web Application Development experience using Java Enterprise Edition.
– 3+ years of experience developing database-backed applications using Oracle or equivalent Enterprise class database.
– 2+ years of experience using the Model View Controller Architecture.
– 2+ years of experience with Web Services development.
– 1+ year of experience Deploying and Supporting Applications on the Linux or UNIX operating system.
– 1+ year of experience with internet protocol concepts (IP, TCP, SSL / TLS, HTTP, DNS).
– Education: Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
– Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small-team environment.
– Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.
– Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Unix Shell Scripts.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
No one carries more of the world’s Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means youâ€™re helping some of the worldâ€™s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture thatâ€™s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai â€“ leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you’re excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Wired
Sites we like