Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 789571-77492
Division: Server Tools Business
Microsoft is creating some of the most exciting developments in C++ today. The Visual C++ test team is looking for an experience software development engineer in test who is passionate about software quality to help bring Microsoft C++ development tools to emerging platforms. We are looking for someone who is fearless and loves breadth assignments.
The C++ development tools teams is at the center of every major product Microsoft builds, from Windows to Office to Bing (and many others). With this position comes a huge responsibility to developers at Microsoft and to the breadth of ISVs, small shops and indie developers that have helped to make Windows a successful platform over the past 3 decades (“Developers! Developers! Developers!”) and will contribute to its success into the future.
We are embarking on one of our most ambitious plans in years: capture the creativity of the breadth and ISV developers in order to build fresh, unique, and visually intensive applications for Windows. Many of these developers prefer C++ for its uncontested leadership in performance, a cornerstone in tomorrow’s software (natural user interfaces, video games, augmented reality etcâ€¦).
As an SDET on this team, you will be the quality champion for your features. You will
* Own quality of features end-to-end
* Be a strong contributor in specification and design reviews
* Develop automation verification suites to ensure that the implementation meets the quality standards
* Create or adapt tools and methodologies to tackle unique challenges
* Independently plan and execute work
* Collaborate cross-discipline and with partner teams
* Work through project ambiguity and propose solutions
* Solid design skills and good grasp of data structures and commonly used algorithms
* Ability to drive for results and independently own end-to-end testing of a set of components
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* 5+ years of professional software development in C++
* 1+ years software testing experience
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Wired