Locations: Jersey City, New Jersey; Washington, District of Columbia; Vienna, Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This person will participate in a team responsible for:
· Delivering expert cyber intelligence services and material to information technology and business leaders. Prepare appropriate threat intelligence content for customer and executive presentations.
· Interfacing with other teams in information security (security operations, incident response and vulnerability management) along with information risk officers and technology management to help guide cyber security strategy. Enhancing security monitoring and incident response team knowledge to support their respective missions. Work with team members to enhance security monitoring tools with contextual information.
· Consuming both qualitative and quantitative data sources to produce research and intelligence products to support the needs of technology and business audiences.
· Identifying new threat tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber threat actors. Publish actionable threat intelligence for business and technology management.
· Developing and use predictive analytics to counter threats by tracking attack campaigns and pursuing strategic and tactical efforts to mitigate threats.
· Creating threat assessments to understand relevance to the enterprise along with potential impact. Assisting the vulnerability management team in the assessment of vulnerabilities as they relate to the environment.
· Acquiring threat intelligence and technical indicators from external sources; develop tactical intelligence and technical indicators internally. Leveraging systems for automated threat intelligence sharing using industry standard protocols such as STIX and TAXII.
· Interface with industry peers, government and law enforcement organizations as appropriate to acquire and share threat intelligence information.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Minimum three years of cyber security and threat intelligence experience
· Experience in analysis of large data sets for the purpose of identifying malicious activity
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.