Raytheon is seeking a highly experienced senior Cyber Security Engineer to be part of the team developing the next generation Global Positioning System Advanced Control Segment (GPS OCX).
The selected candidate will configure cross domain solution (CDS) implementations, conduct cyber security tasks focused on security testing, the analysis of test results, and the development of risk assessment reports. The candidate will support the security engineering team that conducts security engineering and federal security compliance activities during the operations and maintenance of the GPS OCX.
Note: The level the selected candidate is hired in as will be commensurate with her/his experience.
- Configure & implement cross domain solutions using Forcepoint/Raytheon High Speed Guards·Providing security engineering support for technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS, FOSS, and custom products
- Performing evaluation of technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom developed products
- Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
- Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
- Review and document compliance to security directive assessments
·Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
- Demonstrable intermediate to expert system administration experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems·While an existing U.S. Government issued security clearance is not required, the successful candidate must have the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
- 2 to 6 years demonstrated technical experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment.
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines.
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
- Practical experience verification of hardening IT systems in compliance with STIG guidelines
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours with short notification including weekends
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux Systems administration
- Windows system administration
- Security COTS integration
- Use of Nessus and/or Security center
- Operating System Hardening
- Security engineering
- Vulnerability Assessment (testing, assessment, findings, mitigation/justification)
- Security Certifications in accordance to DoD 8570/Security +/CISSP is preferable. If no certification is currently held, the successful candidate must be able to obtain it within six months of hire.
- Experience and technical knowledge in satellite ground systems, including hardware, software, and communications architecture
- Existing US secret security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- 6 years with a BS/BA in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, or 4 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or, 2 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.COHAC0117
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
CO – Aurora