Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services in the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the VA Office of Information Technology (VA OIT) in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Specialist to support several complex IT projects and systems.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of project staff, including project managers, PMO support staff, business analysts, developers, technical analysts, system architects, etc.
- Support development of contingency plans to ensure continuity of IT operations and services
- Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support to resolve these problems
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Facilitate security requirements sessions; document and analyze VA technical requirements, designs and alternative solutions. Document discussions, decisions, and actions in meeting artifacts stored on VA SharePoint.
- Ensure that information systems are functional and secure
- Recommend enterprise information security standards – including management, operational, and technical security controls
- Establish procedures to support IT security requirements and supports compliance measurement and reporting
- Contribute to the development of detailed specifications for programs. Perform security reviews and contribute, from a security perspective, to the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements to existing applications.
- Lead Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities at the project level and develop security and privacy artifacts
- Develop and implement plans of actions and milestones (POA&Ms) to address security requirements; contribute to the development and maintenance of project schedules.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the requirements backlog in support of agile development.
- On-time delivery of deliverables that meet Engility quality standards
- Engage effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of Engility and Government staff, including project managers, PMO support staff, business analysts, developers, technical analysts, system architects, etc.
- Perform as an engaged, collaborative member of the project support team to ensure applications are secure and all security risks are identified and addressed
- Provide consultation on concurrent complex projects and serve as technical specialist in all phases of applications analysis.
This work may be done at a remote home office location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 10 years of IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Must have knowledge and experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful deployment
- Experience in working on projects that leverage agile development with frequent releases
- Experience with IT solutions that are COTS, customized COTS, and homegrown in nature
- Experience in serving in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consulting services and thought leadership
- Ability to work independently, requiring little oversight/direction
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a high degree of organization in order to support multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective interaction with senior GS levels within the federal government (e.g. GS 13s and above)
- Excellent attention to detail and development of high quality deliverables
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience supporting the VA
- Experience with VA SDLC
- Experience with VA RiskVision tool
- Experience with IBM Rational toolset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a remote environment