EIT IT Compliance
WA504-WA-Headquarters, Newport Five
- Oversee a team of IT professionals and work closely with internal clients to understand key business and IT issues, and propose fact-based solutions that not only transform key SOX activities and processes, but also support strategic initiatives at T-Mobile.
- Identify major risk factors, and develop and coordinate the implementation of strategies to reduce/remediate process, operational, regulatory and compliance risks.
- Propose solutions for proactively identifying and managing risks, as well as embedding mitigating controls when developing new products, systems, technologies, and service offerings.
- Monitor and manage IT controls at the application, database, operating system and process levels. Work with business partners to ensure accurate process documentation, maintain and update the IT Controls master list.
- Coordinate with control owners to ensure that active management / monitoring of the controls occurs throughout the year, and a close partnership with SOX auditors and stakeholders.
- Foster a high-performance, risk-managed, compliant culture within IT by evangelizing the importance of risk managed solutions and supporting disincentives for non-compliance.
- Monitor and manage SOX controls across the organization.
- Ensure that key risks and incidents are tracked using critical metrics and communicated to the IT Leadership Team and other key executives to support continuous improvement.
- Identify and apply acceptable IT standards established by independent or governmental agencies, State and Local Regulatory agencies, and data retention and data privacy regulations.
- Analyze current and proposed IT systems/programs/initiatives to ensure compliance with applicable business, industry and regulatory standards.
- Coordinate with control owners to ensure that active management / monitoring of the controls occurs throughout the year.
- Maintain a close partnership with SOX auditors and stakeholders.
- Work with internal SOX teams to update / maintain / validate the accuracy of the IT Controls list.
- Participate in the review process for application, database, operating systems, and IT operational process changes/modifications to ensure that controls remain valid over time.
- Review, revise, and propose new compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the appropriate IT controls are considered throughout new system implementation projects and reviewing documentation for new IT processes that impact compliance, as required.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or business-related discipline.
- Certifications in Security, Audit, Risk Management and Project Management highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT SOX compliance that includes the implementation of complex risk and governance programs, as well as experience conducting IT audits.
- Knowledge of the US and international regulations and laws related to IT-related compliance standards.
- Extensive experience with national and international compliance requirements/standards such as SOX Section 404, FSA and Safe Harbor.
- Broad knowledge of current Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) technological tools and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertiveness and ability to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Confidence in your technical knowledge; unwavering when challenged yet knowing when it’s appropriate to flex.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve
- common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.