Business Unit:Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the daily operations of the Information Technology department. Directs advisory groups in developing and implementing both technical and business standards. Develops and monitors budget and ensures all projects and initiatives adhere to budget. Monitors staff work performance. Supports all aspects of developing the Information Technology team. Provides business and technical guidance and information to direct reports. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
– Makes strategic and tactical decisions for Information Technology projects. Manages projects through completion and post-completion analysis.
– Completes concise presentations to each department ensuring that the IT department objectives and mission are understood.
– Provides multi-tier support to all departments (except server group) and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with vendors to ensure appropriate support of all business activities.
– Coordinates the resources necessary for the installations of server and workstation software and hardware upgrades as well as special network projects and installations. Manages and leads special project teams.
– Oversees network troubleshooting and works with network infrastructure groups for additional troubleshooting.
– Makes recommendations for IT budgets and researches IT needs for business units. Evaluates and recommends new equipment.
– Communicates changes in Company technology and services to the appropriate channels and personnel.
– Sets department standards and best practices. Recommends business strategies based on the evaluation of the practical implementation of strategies.
– Develops and oversees staff and is available for guidance.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Information Sciences, Technology
– Generally requires 8-11 years related experience