Who we are: Axom Technologies is a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned, Small Business that was founded over 10+ years ago based on the idea of delivering quality expert services while supporting national security. Throughout the years Axom has been nationally recognized for several awards that were based around quality, program support, company growth and success. We pride ourselves on being able to swiftly adapt to new project needs and to rapidly changing conditions in the worlds of defense, security and intelligence. We relish opportunities to produce outstanding technical products and services for our clients.
Why Axom? Axom Technologies offers an opportunity to work on exciting programs within the fields of Software Development, Cyber, IT, and Mission Support. Axom utilizes cutting edge technologies and continuously seeks to develop innovative tools not on the market today. We offer a diversified customer portfolio that allows our employees to grow their technical muscles and produce work they can engage in and are proud of. Our most tenured employees have stayed here because they have experienced exciting technical and mission projects all while being part of a small business environment that puts the employee first. Axom offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, enticing 401k options and opportunities for career advancements. Check us out and see why we are one of the area’s fastest growing Government Contractors!
Benefits / Axom Team Perks: Axom always seeks top tiered talent and expect their very best performance. In return, we offer a welcoming environment for our team to not only be successful, but to also thrive in. We are passionate about our team, our work, and our achievements.
- Competitive and above market value salaries.
- Comprehensive health insurance plan.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (up to 6% of your salary, immediately vested. No waiting!)
- Annual bonus plan.
- Flexible work schedules.
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus 10 Federal holidays.
- Generous referral bonuses.
- Performance-based spot bonuses.
- Company outings to local sporting events, company picnics, luncheons, intramural sports, open-houses and other various company sponsored events.
- Paid training – if you need it, you get it! We also offer access to an extensive online course catalog for unlimited training options.
- Room for growth and expansion of skill sets– Axom has over 20 funded contracts supporting various customers.
Axom Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. System Administrator to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government.
The Sr. System Administrator will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Direct and implement hardware and software installations; plan, direct, and implement system upgrades; and plan and direct implementation of hardware and software patches. T
• Evaluate software and security-related problems; propose and direct implementation of solutions to resolve issues; and plan and direct the implementation of system backups and recovery.
• Develop processes and standard operating procedures to maintain system configurations, user accounts, permissions, and data files, directories and folders.
• Provide front line customer support for IT related problems.
• Provide input to the design of systems and mission architecture.
• Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration.
The Sr. System Administrator shall meet the following requirements:
• Sixteen (16) years demonstrated experience in service-based, web-based, and non web-based application design and development, to include experience with back end database architectures, and full life cycle software development.
• Eight (8) years combined experience in each of the following:
• System backup/restore procedures,
• System security practices,
• System tuning,
• User administration,
• Software and hardware installation and maintenance,
• File management and system troubleshooting,
• Operating systems (e.g. Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX and storage filers (e.g. NetApp, Isolon),
• System accreditation support, and
• System configurations.
A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be submitted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information