We often reach out to our mothers to help us with a ‘gharelu nuskhe’to fix a problem. Be it an easy-peasy hack to cook chicken or cure a sore throat, age-old home remedies always come in handy. Or should we say the remedies are our rescue window? And, if you are among those who aren’t aware of the amazing benefits of the traditional spices available on your kitchen shelf; don’t be sad. You aren’t alone here! The species serve as great medicines to get rid of common health issues, including cold and cough. Just like seasonal flu, many people are also troubled with constipation or bloating these days.
How Does Bloating Occur | Reasons For Bloating:
Bloating occurs when your stomach feels uncomfortably full. One of the reasons behind it can be constipation also. Constipation is a condition where your bowel movements become less frequent. Also, unhealthy or irregular eating patterns, a sedentary lifestyle or even sleepless nights are some of the reasons behind these problems. Having said that, how will you react if we tell you that there’s a hack to deal with constipation and bloating? Yes, here’s what you need to do.
After your meal, take a banana, peel it and cut it into pieces. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper and salt. Have it.
Since bananas are packed with fibres, it’s can will help you deal with constipation. Also, bananas are high in potassium which reduces bloating caused by sodium. Maintaining a healthy balance of sodium and potassium in the body is good for your system.
Apart from this, here are some more tips to avoid constipation and bloating.
- Some food items like sweet potatoes are known for relieving constipation. It’s rich in fibre and eases digestion
- Probiotics like yoghurt, kefir, kombucha and chia seeds among others also help with this health issue.
- Fruits and vegetables that are rich in fibre are great for your digestion. If this process is smooth, there are very less chances of having constipation in the first place.
- Yogurt reduces bloating. To make it healthier, you can relish it with oats, dalia or khichdi.
- There are certain herbal teas that serve as great tonics and even fennel seeds help you deal with this.
Health issues like bloating and constipation are common these days. You can try these tips the next time you feel uneasy.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Featured Video Of The Day
Bread Pizza Recipe | How To Make Bread Pizza