TRAX International is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist at the Cold Region Test Center located at Delta Junction, Alaska. This position provides Tier 1 & 2 client support for troubleshooting and resolving issues with Common Access Card (CAC) logon, network connectivity, peripherals, enterprise email, Microsoft Office, Adobe applications, and web browsers. Client requests are tracked, maintained, and prioritized utilizing an enterprise level work order ticket system. The position requires hands on experience deploying, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems for both client and server systems. Experience operating and maintaining Microsoft Server OS (2008 R2, 2012 R2) including Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, & file servers, along with Microsoft client operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10. Responsible for applying and managing security applications, Active Directory administration including managing user accounts, security groups, permissions for network resources including file servers in both classified and unclassified networks. The incumbent must have excellent written and oral communication skills, superior customer service skills, and be well organized. Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, without special restrictions.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Working knowledge of IP based networks including configurations, subnets, and VLAN’s.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing Tier 1 level client support.
• 3-5 years’ experience deploying and configuring Microsoft operating systems for clients and servers.
• Must have strong troubleshooting skills.
• Must have strong customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• CompTIA Security+ certification required within six months of hire.
• Completion of Computing Environment training within six months of hire.
• Must be capable of working a flexible schedule.
• Occasional weekend and night shifts will be required.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for the Network and Automation section.
• Must be able to work in an office setting and occasionally perform work outdoors.
• Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs unassisted.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a related field.
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Network+
• Previous experience with DoD Information Assurance (STIG, IAVM).
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
•TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.