The Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst serves in a SOC team, acting as a first line of defense, reviewing and processing alerts that could be the first sign of a security incident.
The SOC Security Analyst is expected to have a solid understand of basic information security and computer systems concepts.
An analyst in this position is expected to escalate to the SOC manager in making a determination on escalation in regards to the impact and current status of a security event.
- Review security events as they are generated by security monitoring tools and stored in a SIEM platform.
- Suggest improvements to current SOC Monitoring practices and procedures.
- Responsible for the immediate escalation of Security issues ensuring adherence to SLAs and driving resolution/mitigation.
- Flexibility as the position will require shifts to cover 24×7
- Creative thinker with exceptional technical, analytical and management skills.
- The ability to gather data and drill down to root cause analysis, ability to proactively recommend effective courses of action and communicate resolution to the various levels in the organization.
- Able to maintain high standards, expectations, and delivery related to team performance with limited resources.
- Ability to articulate complex information security concepts to senior executives and non-technical employees clearly while accurately portraying real risks and threats to the company.
- The ability to execute against implementation schedules.
- Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of highly diverse cultures in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicates technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Organizational agility – the ability to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from VPs to individual contributors and support staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven history of performance excellence in the following areas; information security, digital forensics, customer focus, team building, collaboration, optimization with strategic long-term thinking, and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent demonstrated Information Security work experience with an emphasis towards Security Incident Management in a large scale 24/7 environment.
- A minimum of 1 years of experience with a significant IT/Security background in supporting day-to-day operations in a 24/7 environment.
- 1+ years’ experience in current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols and/or encryption techniques and tools.
- Advanced understanding in one or more of the following areas: Platform Security, Data Security, Network Security, Perimeter Security, Security Assessment Tools, Security Monitoring Tools, and Managed Security Services.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.