This position provides Incident Management Level 1 support to include incident identification and resolution and is responsible for providing technical support and maintenance for all servers and systems in the designated site and implementing systems security and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Provides Desktop and End User Support to ensure accessibility of client tools and applications
- Responsible for incident identification and resolution for level I issues. The SSA will escalate to an outside vendor relating to desktops (PCs, Laptops) or the SDC for Level II support. The SSA will work closely with the SDC throughout all incidents
- Responsible for supporting all facets of server administration (logins, passwords, etc.) patching (anti-virus and OS patches) backups and restores at local site
- Complete Daily, Weekly and Monthly checklists accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for adds, moves and changes of all users of the local center
- Key participant in Change Implementation Management (CIM) and submits change control documentation in accordance with Sykes standards
- Responsible for IT asset management, inventory and disposal in accordance with Sykes standards
- Responsible for all site software compliance issues
- Assist and act as remote hands and eyes while troubleshooting issues with remote engineers
- Act as the facilities back-up for Power Infrastructure (Genset, UPS, HVAC)
- 24x7x365 availability to support end users on an as needed basis
- Serve as the primary IT point of contact for the Site Director relative to site IT need, plans, issues, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 2 to 4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MCSE preferred
- MCP required
- Cisco, VOIP & Aruba wireless a plus
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of Windows 2000, 2003 server management applications such as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory Users and Computers, etc.
- knowledge of VERITAS Backup Exec software
- knowledge of Microsoft ISA 2000, 2006 administration
- Understanding of Windows 2003 and patching requirements
- Understanding of Windows client operating systems such as XP and Vista
- Basic understanding of VMware
- Strong written and verbal skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works well with internal and external IT support teams
- Develops rapport and trust
- Sets and works to own standards and team standards
- On call after normal working hours
- Understands the relevant aspects of the client products/programs supported
- Strives to maintain a sound knowledge of the client
- High level of Accuracy
- Data capture and data quality
- Time keeping and attendance
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES’ business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES’ employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company’s policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com). SYKES is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with