Posting Number: req1207
Department: Lunar and Planetary Laboratory
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Come be part of the UArizona NEO Surveyor team. We are looking for an individual to provide information system support for the NEO Surveillance Mission and NEO Surveyor spacecraft project team at the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory. Design, implement and manage internal and external information systems, configure and manage project software solutions, and support team members information technology needs as we build the next generation space-based survey for near-Earth asteroids and comets.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, a furlough and pay reduction program has been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the plan will be notified in accordance with adopted furlough and pay reduction program guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the furlough and pay reduction program and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and manage internal and external information systems, ensuring that all network-attached devices meet University, College and other IT security policy requirements. Deliver, set up and configure laptops, desktops, servers, printers and other technology items, including transfer of user data from retired and reallocated computers.
- Perform routine maintenance and system upgrades of project laptops, desktops and servers. Perform regular back-up operations, ensuring that all required file systems and systems data are successfully archived.
- Configure and manage project software solutions, including access to system from subcontractors and partners. In charge of communication systems, including email servers, mailing list management, support and maintenance audio/visual communications systems for the team on site and off site during team meetings and reviews as needed. Analyze and troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve reported problems with with software, websites, equipment and network connections.
- Work with the University’s High Performance Computing (HPC) team to install and manage project scientific and operations software and pipelines. Manage team contract with HPC, including such, but not limited to, equipment purchases and time allocations.
- Develop and document best practices for use of information technology services by project team members. Share knowledge with team members through various means, including drafting knowledge-based reports, team meetings and the use of collaboration tools. Maintain inventory of computing technology, equipment and software as items are deployed and relocated. Create reports and make recommendations for upgrades and replacements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience, AND
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be a US person, due to ITAR restrictions.
- Proficiency with Unix, macOS, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with Python or similar object-oriented programming language (C++, Swift, Simula)
- Proven knowledge of project management and collaboration software such as JIRA, SharePoint, and Slack
- Proven knowledge of software versioning systems such as SVN and Git –
- Proven ability to read, understand and apply technical documentation, and to learn new technologies quickly.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.