Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Enterprise
Applications in Rhodes College Information Services, this role is responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining and improving
enterprise technology systems for the College.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and
- Designing new computer systems and frameworks.
- Provides support for related database environments (Oracle and
Microsoft SQL Server).
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish and prioritize business
requirements, project scope, and system goals.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping,
diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow; testing validation
- Translate highly technical specifications into
clear non-technical requirements
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems.
- Define and coordinate the execution of
testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process.
- Provide documentation for systems and
business processes workflows and develop/conduct training as needed.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems
health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms.
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of
information systems to meet the business and user needs.
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of
maintenance, and system performance.
- Conduct regular reviews of systems and generate reports on efficiencies and areas of
- Engage in risk mitigation planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in
computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of experience working with information technologies
and systems analysis.
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to assess business needs
and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with
database maintenance and administration.
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new
applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages.
- Must exhibit professionalism and
diplomacy in working effectively with diverse constituencies and members of the college campus.
- Able to prioritize work effectively
and be self-motivated to work independently and follow-through to meet department deadlines.
- Must have the ability to deliver
high-level customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience supporting workplace
diversity and inclusion.
- Three years of work experience with IT with
administrative software systems preferred.
- Experience with OracleandMS SQL Server RDBMS systems preferred.
- Experience with
Ellucian Bannerand Workdaypreferred.
- Experience with information system integration and command line skills strongly
- Familiarity with project management methodology an asset.
- Experience with Agile software development using
JIRA, Confluence or other development tools.
A complete application includes a cover letter, a resume and the names of three
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer
with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.