About Our Company â€“ Buddy Media
Buddy Media is the social enterprise software of choice for eight of the worldâ€™s top ten global advertisers, including some of the worldâ€™s most recognizable global brands such as Citibank, IBM, Volvo, Lâ€™Oreal, NBC and Hearst. Brands use our technology to turn fans and followers into real connections and drive social marketing success. The Buddy Media social marketing suite is in more than 91 countries!
Buddy Media is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, filled with brilliant, energetic, fun-loving people. Weâ€™re looking for creative, motivated individuals who are ready to work hard and make an impact. Become a Buddy and be part of something extraordinary. Join us for our first Annual Spirit Week, Ping Pong tournament, charity events and Halloween contest. Enjoy catered lunches in our Buddy Lounge and work out in our private gym. At Buddy Media, the benefits are unparalleled, the culture is unmatched and your career potential is unlimited.
With offices in New York City, San Francisco, London and Singapore, now is the time to join our award-winning team. In the past year, Buddy Media has won the prestigious â€œBest Enterpriseâ€ TechCrunch â€œCrunchieâ€ award, been named to the Advertising Age â€œ2011 Digital A-Listâ€ and has been selected a Top 10 “Most Innovative Company” in advertising by Fast Company.
Buddy Media is the only company to be named a charter preferred partner for key social networks, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. The company is backed by several investors including Institutional Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Bay Partners, Insight Venture Partners, and WPP, the world’s largest communications services group.
The Role – Systems Engineer
The Buddy Media engineering team represents the brain behind the Buddy Media Social Marketing Suite, the leading Facebook management system used by eight out of the top ten global brands. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform.
We are looking for talented Systems Engineers with solid systems background who will be responsible for building, scaling, maintaining and optimizing our systems infrastructure in multiple environments.
– Implement and administer robust, scalable, and mission critical Systems solutions for the Buddy Media Platform
– Work with other systems engineers and development team on implementing scalable systems solutions to support on-going enhancements of the Platform
– Build monitoring and alerting tools, and report on operational metrics
– Provide timely response and analysis for production troubleshooting
– Occasional night and weekend work
– Be on call 24/7 in rotation
– 2+ years administering a LAMP stack, along with basic understanding of PHP5
– Extremely comfortable with the command line
– Experience with configuration management tools like puppet/chef
– Knowledge of Nagios/Icinga and other monitoring tools
– Amazon EC2/S3 experience is highly desirable
– Experience with CDNs, such as Akamai, Amazon CloudFront, etc.
– Passion for automation through Perl/Bash/Python
– 2+ years administrating MySQL
– Experience with MongoDB a plus
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– BS or MS in Computer Science
Buddy Media Inc. offers compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and participation in the company equity plan. All benefits listed are subject to change. Buddy Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Wired