Netsmart is healthcare’s largest human services and integrated care technology provider. Netsmart technology platforms and expertise are integral to the delivery of outcomes-based services and care to more than 25 million persons nationwide. Netsmart serves more than 500,000 users in more than 24,000 organizations across all 50 states. Netsmart client communities include behavioral health, addiction treatment, intellectual and developmental disabilities, child and family services, public health, home health, hospice and palliative care, private duty and vital records.
We became the industry leader through the creation of cutting edge software solutions to meet our client’s needs. This level of creation and product evolution is only made possible by assembling a team of the best and the brightest technical talent in the industry. Do you have what it takes to join us on this journey?
IT Systems Engineer Overview:
The IT Systems Engineer will work out of our Great River, NY office. This individual will be working with a team administering Windows and Linux environments, configuring and troubleshooting multi-site VPN’s, implementing and supporting complex firewall environments, working with enterprise database systems, implementing and troubleshooting desktop computer applications, and training non-technical individuals on the use of software applications.
- Administering multi-site Windows environments
- Work with complex network environments and concepts including multi-site VPN’s, clustering, load balancing, VLANs, and firewalls
- Work with complex enterprise database systems including Oracle, Cache and SQL Server
- Implementing and troubleshooting desktop computer applications
- Training non-technical individuals on the use of software applications or technical concepts
- Maintains day-to-day network operation and maintenance under the direction of the Network Manager.
- Implements tools to monitor network health and security; generates alerts and reports; evaluates, maintains, and implements networking technologies as needed.
- Maintains day-to-day backups and off-site tape storage; assists with disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Provides operational support for both onsite and hosted servers and applications.
- Administrate VMware vCenter infrastructure. Plans, documents, and tests upgrades, patches and backup/recovery plans for the virtual systems.
- Manages email services, including anti-spam and antivirus.
- Installs, maintains and patches server-based applications and databases in conjunction with the IT Applications team, including Exchange, Cache, SQL 2000/2005/2008 and SharePoint 2007.
- Installs and maintains Microsoft Windows-based servers and infrastructure services in both physical and virtual environments as required (Active Directory 2003 and 2008, Federated Services, DNS, DHCP and other core services).
- Participates in on-call rotation and carries cell phone/pager for after-hours and on-call emergencies.
- 2+ Years working with Windows environments.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting both Wide-Area Networks and Local-Area Networks.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, VPN, and Firewall concepts.
- In-depth technical experience working with and troubleshooting PC software, Desktop operating systems, PC hardware, Server Hardware, Software Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures—relies on knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with IT team members as well as to other staff members
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities
- MCITP and CCNA Certifications desired.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
In Addition to a Competitive Salary, Successful Candidates Will Receive:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan/EAP