|About this position:
GreatAmerica has an opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in technology support! The Systems Support Analyst will provide primary support to our customer community on a variety of technical issues by applying their understanding of computer hardware and software. Our Analysts identify issues and independently solve them, and are able to methodically troubleshoot and implement solutions to complex issues. Our technical support team works in a dynamic team environment and we collaborate and learn from each other.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Respond to users with technology issues through inbound customer service calls and email requests.
· Identify, research and resolve technical problems in the following areas: hardware, software, reporting, telephony, network connectivity, audio/video equipment, basic hardware/software training, employee moves/adds/changes.
· Track and monitor technical problems to ensure timely resolutions.
· Develop and implement solutions for problems/opportunities discovered in our end user community.
· Respond to and communicate with our end users in laymen terms.
· Prioritize and complete tasks in order to meet customer service level agreements.
· Provide mentorship to newer systems support team members.
· This position will participate in an on-call rotation (approximately one week out of every eight weeks)
· Provide first class customer service.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities|
|Education, experience and skills required:
Associate’s degree required. 2-4 years of systems support and/or administrator-related experience in technology. Upper level Tier 2 candidates will have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience. Ability to handle challenging situations in a calm and professional manner. We are looking for a continuous learner and those with the ability to influence a positive work environment.
Below is the required technical experience at a basic or intermediate level:
· Desktop support (Windows required and MAC OS a plus), Microsoft Office Suite support, line of business application and productivity software support, mobile device support (i.e. iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile).
· Hardware/software diagnostics and troubleshooting, hardware, software and firmware upgrades and installations.
· Printer support, wired and wireless networking, spyware & virus removal, remote support tools, ticket system management and Knowledgebase/Google query.
Our ideal candidates will also have the following experience at a basic or intermediate level:
· Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange and Terminal services.
· Mail routing and message tracking, routers, firewalls and switching equipment.
· Network connectivity (i.e.TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc), Public DNS management and troubleshooting, NTFS security and sharing and other Windows server features (i.e. Group Policy, SQL, print management, etc.)
· Backup monitoring, management and troubleshooting.
· Hosted solutions support (email, servers, backups, etc.)
· Support and/or administration of a wide variety of desktop and server software, Windows registry editing and virtual server infrastructure (VMWare, ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V)
· A+, Net+ and relevant certifications
· Microsoft certifications (MCDST/MCITP/MCSA/MCSE)
· Previous experience with a MSP or IT consulting firm
· Additional OS knowledge (i.e. Linus, Unix, Mac OS)
Competencies required for all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability.
Competencies required for this position: Customer oriented, tenacious, problem solving, persistence, communication skills (oral and written), technical aptitude, active listening, detail oriented.