Job Title:Team Lead -Senior Web Analyst (Developer)
Location: US-California-Santa Clara
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
The Senior Web Developer/Team Lead is responsible for developing the functional requirements, web applications, associated testing, training, implementation, and support artifacts specific to the web application portfolio in close collaboration with the business domain and business subject matter experts. The senior web developer must be familiar with the industry web-related standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Act as a subject matter expert in relation to the web development and support the Web practice. Define and implement industry standard practices for web development and maintenance per the Customer web strategy plan. Develop, implement, and maintain web-based applications as well intranet SharePoint sites. Previous team lead experience is a MUST!
This position will be based in Santa Clara, CA.
* Act as the Web practice technical and team lead reporting the Applications Manager onsite. Work effectively with Application Manager and the client Web Manager in planning work activities for the web practice team.
* Maintain and administer the web servers.
* Monitor and troubleshoot websites.
* Receive Service Requests relating to fixes, fails, and proposed web-based application changes. Perform initial troubleshooting and support identification of root cause of Incidents. Escalate Incidents to third party vendors as required. Follow through on processing Incidents and drive resolution with the relevant third party vendor as appropriate. Produce timely Incident reports documenting system downtime.
* Develop and maintain technical and operational procedure and work instruction documentation.
* Analyze business requirements for the web application suite fixes, fails, and enhancements. Define and document the technical web design as required to meet the web practice objectives for modifications/process enhancements.
* Construct the web application or enhancement per the technical design.
* Complete the web application testing and plan and coordinate the user acceptance testing.
* Provide source code maintenance.
* Follow change control procedures.
* Proactively provide thought leadership and solutions for the improvement of websites.
* Coordinate the implementation of web-based application suite enhancements with the Customer business units and third party vendors.
* Remain abreast of industry trends and applicable technologies such as scripting, security issues, authoring tools, and new languages.
* Act as a liaison between the Customer and any third party vendors. Create and track Service Requests from inception to completion. Create and track enhancement requests from inception to completion, create test cases for enhancements, and coordinate and conduct user acceptance testing.
* Build strong and trusted relationships with Customer stakeholders in order to be viewed as a technical thought leader for Customer IT.
* Meet with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
* Provide status reports on a regular basis that demonstrate delivery according to service level agreements.
* Communicate challenges and opportunities proactively and consistently to drive business performance.
Technical Behavioral Skills
Â§ Five (5) years hands on experience as a senior web developer required
Â§ Knowledge of the web application domain
Â§ Strong interpersonal skills
Â§ Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Â§ Strong project management, process, and documentation skills
Â§ Detail oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
Â§ Self motivated and able to work under minimum supervision
Â§ Experience in gathering user requirements and documentation of formal business requirements and functional specifications
Â§ Proficiency in Visual Studio
Â§ SharePoint 2007
Â§ Web application development
Â§ SharePoint 2010
Â§ Mobile web application development
Â§ Experience with Social media/Web 2.0
Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher in CS, CIS, MIS or equivalent 5+ years of experience in a related field.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship**
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Wired
Other links you may like: