The Aerospace Corporation is looking for bright and enthusiastic interns to join our Information Security team. In this role you will:
- Develop Cyber Forensics Capabilities
- Review of incident response clients
- Deploy network oriented malware scanner
- Implement Encase Enterprise Solution
- Investigate open source cyber forensic tools
- Analyze security incidents with netflow tools
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or related field.
- Enjoys challenging technical problems.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time program and will return to a full-time program after the conclusion of the internship.
- Experience and/or coursework in cyber security a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computer forensics.
- Basic knowledge of Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention applications or concepts.
- General knowledge/understanding of Internet based threat landscape
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Current GPA of 3.0 or better out of 4.0
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.