The mission of Information and Technology is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IT will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
Final Filing Date : 6/14/2020
Salary Range : $5,683.33-$11,408.33 (Grade 23)
Salary Frequency : Monthly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 40 Hours
Location : Alhambra Cannery
City : Sacramento, CA
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible :Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Qualified candidates may be interviewed at any time.
The Technical Project Management Professional 3 is a recognized technical expert and project lead for all computer-based cart issues. The Technical Project Management Professional 3 will be managing, and maintaining the fleet of computer based carts being used enterprise wide. This will include using tools such as but not limited to; UCDHS IT Asset manager, IT Device Inventory, Active Directory, Aeroscout and RFID. The Technical Project Management Professional 3 is responsible for overseeing and participating in design, development and overall client services project deployment and support.
Under minimal direction, this position will manage small to medium implementation projects and assist with project tasks like coordination with various teams, documentation, client equipment deployment, testing, validation and support during go-live. The Technical Project Management Professional 3 shall have technical support experience and will be responsible for supporting the client desktop environment and business applications of Information Technology department. This includes but not limited to, client equipment refreshes projects, new facilities client infrastructure deployment, strategic planning, assistance with budgeting, assist with moves and additions, technical escalations, project management, technical support, customer and vendor coordination, client systems planning and Implementation, and other special projects and new initiatives as assigned.
- Experience in managing small to medium projects using sound project management methodologies, principles and techniques.
- Completing vendor provided training on all support cart models.
- Experience performing hands-on testing procedures and maintenance on computer based equipment.
- Extensive experience maintaining and troubleshooting various operating systems (i.e., Windows 7, 10, MAC OS.x, IOS.x) in a multi-server, integrated environment.
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting networking equipment. Must be familiar with networking concepts and equipment such as routers, switches and wireless access points.
- In-depth knowledge of active directory services and journey-level experience implementing and maintaining GPOs, policies, and objects it in a multi-server, heterogeneous environment.
- Experience with inventory processes.
- Experience providing remote support to customers, via phone or remote device control.
- Extensive experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting many different brands of hardware.
- Experience in conducting technical assessments, preparing reports, and recommend results and solutions, concisely and clearly.
- Experience working in a healthcare or a customer service organization.
- Possess strong customer service skills and ability to maintain focus on tasks or issues on hand.
- Extensive experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting different versions of Windows and application software including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, client-server (Sybase, Oracle), terminal emulator and other office automation software.
- Skill in establishing rapport and credibility with others to convey a professional, collaborative and customer-oriented attitude.
- Working experience supporting and interacting a wide range of administrators, faculty, staff, along with external vendors and other university campuses.
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical and support documentation.
- Must be able to work extra hours (nights and weekends) if important development or deployment is behind schedule or the correction of problems with operational systems is considered critical.
- Valid California Driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Speak, hear and see well enough to perform system configurations and telephone consulting. Must be available for 24-hour a day on-call rotation.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.