Huntsman currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic individual with proven capability as a Technical Service Manager – Americas in the Advanced Materials Division located at Corporate Administrative HQ, in The Woodlands, TX.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Lead field promotion activities in the region in full alignment with sales and marketing:
- Work with S&M to agree, execute and monitor promotion plans for all target segments, including specific customer-product targets, timescales and resource allocations
- Support new sales through effective management and improvement of the NPI process
- Develop clear, concise and effective technical communication materials (TDS, brochures, presentations etc) to support promotion activities
- Engage senior R&D / engineering customers to promote new & existing products and identify new technology opportunities to address unmet needs
Manage fast track product development and technical work requests:
- Manage lab resources to meet the demands of short term / less complex product tuning for immediate customer opportunities in line with customer service model
- Manage team activities to investigate customer complaints, shelf life extensions and other technical tasks supporting the current business
- Ensure effective management of hot line telephone inquiries
Build competence in formulated systems and processes to support growth in industrial composites:
- Work with marketing to define the future service needs for auto composites and associated capex requirements
- Develop team capabilities in applications and formulations primarily targeted at the automotive market but also including wind, marine and other composite markets
Lead and develop the technical service team, inspiring and empowering them to perform to their best and beyond:
- Using talent bank, career ladders and training / development tools to develop a high performance organization with strong succession plans and candidates across the R&T organization
- Encouraging cross regional, cross functional engagement to ensure focus, alignment and sharing of best practice.
Provide a safe environment for all associates in full compliance with the Huntsman EHS policy and legal and company laws & policies:
- Work with EHS team to create continuous improvement towards a zero harm culture across the function and wider business
- Work with facilities management and EHS to manage safety of laboratory activities and create a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure full compliance with our Ethics & Compliance policy
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in MS or PhD in scientific discipline with 8+ years of specific experience required.
- Fully qualified professional with minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible roles in Research & Technology; proven track record in technical service and/or product development
Special Qualifications (Training, Technical skills, etc.):
- Strong fundamentals on thermoset chemistries and applications, preferably with a focus on composite chemstries and applications
- Leadership experience, including people development and successful delivery of at least one cross-functional project.
- A passion for innovation & technology combined with a track record of successful introduction of new technologies and applications
- Demonstrated collaboration with marketing and sales to define future opportunities for new technology, products and applications
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
Benefits: The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k.