|The MITRE Huntsville Site is seeking motivated students to work in the exciting field of missile defense. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to:
• Work in a self-paced environment where personal initiative and innovative thinking are required to achieve ground-breaking results.
• Work in a small team of focused and energetic senior engineers to develop new cyber security techniques applicable to missile defense.
|Working at MITRE|
|• Perform cyber penetration activities, open source intelligent studies
• Create new ways to solve existing security issues
• Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems
• Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
• Develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents
• Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses
• Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
• Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
• Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
• Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
• Engage with MITRE team members to develop and implement an appropriate and secure architecture to fit the project requirements.
• Gain a working knowledge of the structure and processes of MDA by being immersed in projects, conferences, and meetings.
|• Major in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
• GPA 3.0 or higher
|Demonstrated interest in cybersecurity through coursework, certifications, or special projects.|
|Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree|
|No travel required.|
|Security Clearance is not required for this initial assignment. However for future opportunities a government security investigation may be required.|