Our local Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition (SWICACC) and the Dubois
County Prosecutor’s Office will be giving a FREE WORKSHOP titled Protect Your Child: Advice from a Child Molester on Monday, September 18, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST and on Tuesday, September 26, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST at the Center on 5th, 505 W 5th Street, Jasper, Indiana, in the upstairs training room.
All adults are welcome to attend (due to the content, children and teens will not be admitted).
Perpetrators are not allowed at the Center on 5th.
Did you know that every 98 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted and that every 8 minutes, that victim is a child? And of the sexual abuse cases reported to law enforcement, 93% of juvenile victims knew the perpetrator. Join us to learn more about child sexual abuse and what you can do to keep children safe.
- Extent of the problem – who the offenders are and why they molest children.
- Common seduction, manipulation, and “grooming” tactics used by offenders.
- Talking to children about abuse and people with “secret touching problems.”
- Practical child and family “rules” for safety.
- Responding to child sexual abuse disclosures and reporting child abuse.
Registration is required as seating is limited. To register, contact SWICACC at (812) 559-0490,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or online.
For Monday, September 18th, register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/protecting-yourchildren-advice-from-child-molesters-tickets-676636577217?aff=oddtdtcreator.
For Tuesday, September 26, register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/copy-of-protectingyour-children-advice-from-child-molesters-tickets-676663126627?aff=oddtdtcreator.