Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Western District of Texas | Man Who Sexually Abused Minor at Fort Bliss in 2014 Sentenced to 35 Years in Federal Prison | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


EL PASO, Texas – A Dallas man was sentenced in a federal courthouse in El Paso Tuesday to 35 years in prison for sexually abusing a prepubescent child—a penalty that will be served once he reaches the end of his current 20 year sentence on state charges.

According to court documents, Trevor Dylan Lehew, 28, sexually abused a minor under the age of 12 while serving in the Army at Fort Bliss between 2014 and 2015.  The child victim disclosed the abuse in 2020 to a Child Adolescence Forensic Interviewer.

Lehew was remanded into federal custody on Jan. 6, 2022.  He had been serving a 20-year sentence at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for a separate incident involving indecency with a child/sexual contact, and the aggravated sexual assault of a child.  On Aug. 8, 2022, Lehew pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.

“The child victim in this case was extremely courageous to come forward about the horrible acts that this defendant committed years prior,” said U.S. Attorney Jaime Esparza of the Western District of Texas.  “That disclosure led to a successful investigation by our partners at the FBI, which has now resulted in the lengthy imprisonment of a dangerous child predator with repeat offenses.”

“A child should feel and be safe in their homes and community,” said Special Agent in Charge Jeffrey R. Downey of the FBI El Paso Field Office.  “I hope this sentencing brings some closure to the victims knowing this predator will be in federal prison for a very long time. I want to thank the members of the FBI El Paso’s Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking task force for their work on this case and their commitment to protecting our most vulnerable population, our children, to ensure justice is served for them.”

The FBI investigated the case.

Assistant U.S. Attorneys Ian Hanna and Michelle Winters prosecuted the case.

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice. Led by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and CEOS, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.justice.gov/psc.

###



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW