If you receive a fraudulent unemployment claim on yourself or an employee, there are specific steps you should take, according to Unemployment Insurance Services.
- Immediately file a protest to the claim stating that it’s fraudulent and that the employee has not filed a claim.
- Contact the state Department of Labor and file a fraud report. Go to dol.gov/general/maps/fraud for a listing of contact information for each state.
- Immediately report the incident to the police to create a legal record of the fraud.
- Have the employee file a fraud alert with at least one of the credit bureaus.
- Have the employee file a fraud report with the IRS.
- Have the employee file a fraud report with the Federal Trade Commission at identitytheft.gov.
An official publication of the American Rental Association.
Produced by Rental Management Group. Copyright © 2020 Rental Pulse all rights reserved
Click here for the original source and author.