A list of free cybersecurity software tools, cloud & SaaS offers to assist MSSPs with Work From Home (WFH) shifts amid coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Cybersecurity software, cloud-based tool providers and MSSPs are introducing various free offers to help partners and customers amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Here’s a list of free tools and offers, updated regularly, to assist channel partners and MSPs with their cybersecurity needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Send Us Updates: Got a free offer or special effort designed to help MSPs and channel partners during the pandemic? Please email me details: Joe@AfterNines.com. We’ll give it a look and potentially add it to the list below.
- Friendly Reminder – Long-Term Costs: In most cases, the free offers below are for a limited time. Before you sign up for the services or deploy them for customers, understand the actual one-time or monthly costs you and your customers will face if you choose to continue consuming the product or service once the free promotion ends.
- Memo to Software Companies: If you’re offering free software, then please consider shifting to this simplified approach.
Portions of this blog originally published March 17, 2020, on ChannelE2E. Updated daily as new offers emerge.
The List of Free Cybersecurity Offers and Promotions
Email Security: Trustifi, a SaaS email security company, is offering no-cost, 90-day trial licenses of its email encryption solutions to companies of 50 employees or more. Interested parties can use this link to engage a Trustifi representative who can manage the 90-day trial subscription. There is no obligation to purchase after the trail.
- ReaQta-Hive: The company is offering a BCP Endpoint Defense Package to help companies secure their remote endpoints. The BCP Package is a four-month free coverage available to all healthcare providers and qualified companies, and “easily deployable within minutes,” ReaQta-Hive says.
- ConnectWise’s Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security In partnership with SentinelOne, ConnectWise is providing 100 free licenses to Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security at no cost until June 30, 2020.
- ESET has extended the free trial period from 30 to 90 days for ESET Internet Security, which protects Windows, Mac, Android and Linux devices. Also, ESET Dynamic Threat Detection (for users with more than 100 seats) and ESET Secure Authentication.
- Kaspersky‘s core endpoint security products are free to medical organizations for six months. The offerings include Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus, Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced and Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security.
- PCMatic: All current and future PC Matic MSP partners are now able to add unlimited endpoints to their accounts – at no additional charge through the end of June 2020.
- SentinelOne: The autonomous cybersecurity platform company is making SentinelOne Core available free of charge beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 16, 2020.
- Sophos: For the duration of the COVID-19 global health concern, all Sophos customers can protect their employees’ personal PCs and Macs for free with our Sophos Home Commercial Edition program. See details here.
Identity and Access Management
Managed Detection and Response
- Cybriant has announced free access to its 24/7 Managed Detection and Remediation (MDR) service, powered by SentinelOne. The free offer runs March 16 through May 15, 2020. Cybriant’s 24/7 monitoring and remediation service will be free for 60 days after the initial installation of SentinelOne.
Mobile Security: Beachhead Solutions: MSPs can add free licenses to their current SimplySecure license allocation. The free license offer can be used for MSPs’ own employees and/or for their clients and their employees. Request details here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password Management: 1Password Business is now free for six months.
- Coveware & Emsisoft: The companies are partnering to offer healthcare organizations free ransomware response services to healthcare organizations amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CryptroStopper: The Starter package for five desktop licenses includes a free 60-day offer.
Vulnerability Scanning: Stratozen has introduced free vulnerability scanning through May 30.