Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

X-Men games will be Sony exclusive until 2035, hacked data reveals | #hacking | #cybersecurity | #infosec | #comptia | #pentest | #hacker


Yikes.

Three X-Men titles, of which Wolverine is one, will be Sony exclusive titles on PlayStation and PC until 2035, data from a recent hack of Sony’s Insomniac Games has revealed.

A recent hacking exercise against Insomniac resulted in 1.67 terabytes of data being stolen from the developer, Aussie outlet Cyber Daily has reported. Included in that data are business documents that detail an agreement between Sony and Marvel.

According to the documents, Wolverine will be published no later than 1 September 2025, while two other as-yet-unannounced X-Men games will follow by 31 December 2029 and 31 December 2033, respectively. The hacked documents also confirm that PC versions of the titles will be made available to consumers.

The documents further that Sony is expecting itself to spend at least $120 million USD per title in the effort. Moreover, Kotaku reports that “if any one of the X-Men games doesn’t sell at least six million units between PlayStation 5 and PC in their first year, either [Marvel or Sony] can terminate the agreement.”

The leak also suggests we’ll get a standalone Venom game in 2025 from Insomniac, likely in the same vein as Spider-Man Miles Morales. In it, we’ll play as Venom and other characters as they fight to stop a “Carnage-infected” New York. The title will act as a larger bridge between numbered sequels Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3, the latter of which is expected to follow in 2027.

Speaking with Cyber Daily, responsible hacking group Rhysida explained its motives.

“Yes, we knew who we were attacking,” a representative from Rhysida said, also confirming, “[w]e were able to get the domain administrator within 20–25 minutes of hacking the network”.

“We knew that developers making games like this would be an easy target,” the representative continued.

The group also confirmed that 98% of its data was released to the public, and the remaining 2% was sold to an unidentified party or parties. The published data contained details of the Insomniac-developed Wolverine title alongside internal Insomniac documents such as HR documents, screenshots of Slack channels and the contents of several employee’s PCs.

We’ll update you as more is known about this hack.

This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Story From This Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW