Suisun continues cybersecurity recovery, temporarily relocates police lobby | #hacking | #cybersecurity | #infosec | #comptia | #pentest | #ransomware


Suisun City is continuing its recovery from a cybersecurity incident that shut down the city’s information technology network earlier this month, with officials now assessing whether any personal information was affected.

So far, the city said Friday that it has found nothing indicating personal data was impacted. The investigation and review of city systems remain ongoing, however.

And the city announced that the water counter at City Hall remains the only city service currently open to the public and workers there are about to have some company.

Residents seeking police assistance will have a temporary new location next week. The Police Department lobby will close because of a previously planned roof renovation, and a police representative will be stationed at the City Hall water counter from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.

The representative will assist residents with ticket sign-offs, vehicle releases, speaking with an officer and general assistance.

The city said additional updates are expected next week.

The Planning, Building, Housing, Finance, Human Resources and Public Works departments remain closed to the public, along with the City Manager’s Office and administration.

Public safety services remain active despite the ongoing disruption. Suisun City police and fire personnel continue to respond to calls for service, while 911 and non-emergency calls continue to be handled through the Solano County dispatch center.

The latest announcement comes two full weeks after the cybersecurity incident was detected the morning of Aug. 7, when malicious software compromised city IT systems. The city shut down its network to contain the incident and preserve evidence for the investigation and declared a state of emergency Aug. 8.

The city has been working with federal, state and regional agencies, including the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and California Office of Emergency Services, as it investigates the incident, maintains essential services and works to restore its systems.

The city has not announced a timeline for the full reopening of City Hall or restoration of all affected systems.

Updates and frequently asked questions about the incident and its impact on city services are available at Suisun.com/CybersecurityUpdates.

——————————————————-


Click Here For The Original Source.